Full text articles and books are available to members of Alzheimer’s Australia NSW by emailing NSW.Library@alzheimers.org.au
Having a knowledge of dementia will potentially enrich the reading of this book!
This book brings home the role of colluding with or denying the persons' reality and helps us to think about how we can relate to feelings a person with dementia might be experiencing!
There is plenty of playfulness and pathos from the the older and younger characters in the story - it's an easy read and you will often find yourself laughing out loud!
- · challenge perceptions of carers of people with dementia
- · campaign for better support for carers
- · Influence government legislation and policy
- · Speak on behalf of people who can’t speak out for themselves
- · Provide carers with tools and support
- · Educate people
- · Connect carers with other carers
- Limited independent living skills
- Previous communication methods
- Recognise passive care as active care
- Draw on range of professional relationships
- Closest relationships may not be with family
- Co-morbidities are more common …